The Production Operators responsibility is to perform tasks involving physical labour at a production plant, operate a variety of hand and power tools, measuring/processing materials from raw material to a cooked product and following all safety protocols and workplace polices.
- Problem solving
- Accountability and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
- Food Safety
- Following laws, rules and regulations
- Time management
- Operate and tend to automated processing equipment
- Connect fittings, pipes and equipment to configure processing set ups
- Mark, record and report defects
- Clean and perform GMP and preparation of work-site
- Operate, read and maintain all quality control and food safety devices and procedures
- Operate, read and maintain all air monitoring and other sampling devise when working in confined spaces and/or hazardous environments
- Load, unload, and identify materials, machinery and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications
- Perform all work to organizational standards to ensure final product meets quality standards.
- Ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills. Must speak, read and write English.
- Highly flexible, with good interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Work effectively as part of a team to ensure productivity and efficiency.
- Ability to stand, bend, and reach for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs continuously throughout the day.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Commitment to accuracy and detail oriented.
- Minimum 1-year of production work experience in a manufacturing environment, preferable with related products or food products
- High school diploma/GED
- First Aid training preferred
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Strong communication, problem-solving skills and leadership skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Fluent English (reading/speaking/writing)
- Full-time, Monday to Friday availability 3:00pm-11:30pm
- Standing, bending, lifting throughout the day
- Able to lift at least 50lbs
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime as required
- Production floor safety issues
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a strong team player
- Have good attendance and safety record