Are you passionate about helping people retire with greater financial security? Do you believe in the strength of modern defined benefit pension plans? Do you thrive working in a fast-paced environment in a growing organization? Want to work with a dynamic and highly engaged team of talented professionals who are making a difference?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we are looking for you!
CAAT is a modern defined benefit pension plan and industry-leading innovator in helping more Canadian workplaces and their employees participate in a sustainable pension plan. We are seen as one of the most successful plans in Canada…and we’re growing!
We are looking for a Bilingual Receptionist to provide in office reception support services to the CAAT Pension Plan.
The Bilingual Receptionist position works as part of the Office Services team to deliver on CAAT organizational objectives. You will be the live voice as a first point of contact and first impression for our members, external guests and committee members. This role helps to facilitate staff in serving members by providing administrative and reception support services, including various types of correspondence. You will also deal with external vendors and building management and communicate any office related issues to our staff in a professional manner.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- A resourceful thinker, a quick learner and able to multi- task
- Self-motivated, well-organized, strong attention to detail
- Advanced working knowledge with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
A College diploma or office administration certificate with two or more years’ experience in an office with an aptitude for detailed work. Dealing with visitors and answering the telephone switchboard and the ability to work without immediate supervision and establish priorities make you an ideal candidate for this role.
Once here you will:
- Provide reception/telephone services for the CAAT Pension Plan. This requires the incumbent to answer telephone inquiries and either forward inquiries to appropriate individual or take messages. The incumbent will also greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate staff. As well as being responsible for all areas of reception, the receptionist keeps the information current for backup coverage.
- Provide a full range of clerical and administrative support services for Plan staff, which includes various types of correspondence and reports as required. While there may be some primary duties assigned, there is an ongoing need to operate as part of a Plan-wide office administration pool.
- Coordinate catering for staff events and governance meetings and ensure staff dietary restrictions are tracked and event log is maintained.
- Help to coordinate the logistics of CAAT staff events by ensuring proper meeting rooms are booked and provide assistance as needed with cleaning of meeting room spaces.
- Research various catering companies to align with staff needs and office budget.
- Maintain staff/CAAT contacts, service providers and tracking of correspondences through CRM.
- Back up to Administrative Assistant to prepare invites for CAAT Board & committee meetings through Outlook and other special events.
- Send out Welcome email to all new staff, along with maintaining and updating internal staff lists to ensure information is accurate and up to date.
- Provide special handling of documents for the organization by coordinating courier services, including preparation and distribution of Board, Committee and Sponsors’ Committee packages. All couriers are tracked/verified for accounting.
- Notify Cadillac Fairview for maintenance, repair needs and forwarding notices to CAAT staff.
- Responsible for posting staff documentation under appropriate folders on CAATnet.
- Book and monitor CAAT boardrooms for meetings and reception calendar for incoming visitors.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail correspondences, identify items requiring urgent action and expedite to the appropriate individual.
- Input data for member presentation surveys.
- Addressing monthly birthday cards to retired plan members.
- Assist and back-up the Office Services team with any other tasks as required.
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- We are the proud recipient of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2020 which speaks to our exceptional workplace culture
- We provide a flexible and friendly work environment, a defined benefit pension plan, comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance and a Goodlife fitness membership
- We offer support for your career development goals through in house training and tuition reimbursement opportunities
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto with ready access to subway, GO Transit and PATH systems
If you are interested, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 18, 2020 with Bilingual Receptionist in the subject line.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at email@example.com