Human resources supervisor
We are looking for an HR Supervisor to oversee all personnel-related matters of our restaurant, from recruiting and payroll to training staff and evaluating their performance.
Restaurant HR Supervisor responsibilities include managing payroll, hiring staff and maintaining employee records, including employment contracts and work permits. To be successful in this role, you should have experience in HR positions, preferably in the hospitality industry, and be familiar with labour legislation, particularly regarding flexible working hours.
Ultimately, you will ensure our employees are engaged, well-trained and productive so that they provide excellent customer service.
- Create hiring plans for front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house staff
- Recruit open roles using online and print job ads
- Screen, interview and evaluate candidates
- Prepare job offers and employment contracts
- Calculate payroll considering overtime, holidays and evening shifts
- Plan attractive compensation and benefits packages to increase retention
- Manage payroll and keep updated records of payments
- Oversee employee attendance and working schedules including breaks, overtime and paid time off
- Schedule onboarding sessions and job-related training for all employees
- Track key recruiting metrics like turnover rates and source of hire
- Ensure our restaurant staff complies with health and safety regulations in the hospitality industry
- College diploma in Human Resources, or similar field
- Work experience as an HR Supervisor, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Hands-on experience with recruiting for junior, senior, seasonal and part-time positions
- Good knowledge of regulations around flexible types of employment
- Familiarity with ATS, payroll software and resume databases
- Excellent people skills
- Additional diploma in Restaurant Management is a plus