Senior Project Manager - Manufacturing
Location: 75 Milliken Boulevard, Toronto, ON
Position: Senior Project Manager - Manufacturing
NOC Code : 0911 – Manufacturing Manager
Salary: $93,600Annually or $45/hour
Hours of Work: 40 hours /week, 52 weeks/year
Job Type: full time, permanent
Work remotely: No
Who are we?
Commercial Package Solution Inc.(“CPS”) is a proud team of dedicated employees who have over 40 years of experience in the packaging business.We are passionate about providing the best ideas and solutions to our customers and community.
We develop eco-friendly packaging solutions with significant customer benefits and thereby support the growth, innovation and long-lasting success of our customers. In the process, we set standards with regard to technology, efficiency and reliability and are conscious of the need for an economical use of packaging materials and other resources.
Our product portfolio covers nearly all the needs of the customer and includes - in addition to packaging film - PTO, Garbage Bags, Custom labeling and quality inspection systems, and custom product lines.
CPSis growing, even under COVID-19!We are currently expanding our operations into a larger facility. To implement our development plan, weare adding a new position of SeniorProject Manager, whowill play a key role in new and exciting initiatives within CPS.
As Senior Project Manager, you will oversee a diverse range of new products / projects from inception to delivery and ensure them to be launched with quality and satisfaction. You will create effective process and workflow, help determine priorities, and work closely with other internal teams and outside suppliers and contractors. You will report directly to the CEO.
Ideal candidate has an engineering background withdiversified experience in supply-chain management, product management, E-business,or quality assurance. A proven track record of being an effective project manager is preferred.
What you'll do
- Develop, oversee and implement projects and strategic initiatives within CPS from inception to delivery, including but not limited to material, equipment selection and installation, E-business enhancement, supply chain optimization, customer intake system (RFQ, Quotes), quality and safety control, and launch cost-effective new products for clients.
- Developand manage detailed project plans, scope, budget andtimelines that achieve the goals and objectives set by Business Development of CPS
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
- Responsible for the coordination, implementation and execution of CPS’s IT projects
- Manage the entire lifecycle of all projects, ranging from strategic planning initiatives to ensuring that the clients and CEO’s expectations are met or succeeded.
- Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within scope, within budget, at reasonable risk, and up to CPS standards.
- Plan and develop creative and digital project budgets and effectively control costs
- Develop and measure standard metrics, diagram the flow of processes and identify opportunities for new products, suppliers and sales force
- Work closely with Business Development to support the sales process (contribute to proposals; participate in finalist presentations, etc.).
- Collaborate with team leaders to set up CPS’s practices, templates, policies and IT tools
- Directproject team members and establish workflows, schedules, milestones, and deadlines and ensure they are clearly communicated to all stakeholders
- Evaluate project status and timely provide updates ondeliverables and solutions to problems
- Streamline all creative requests and managing processes to ensure that all necessary information is provided
- Work closely with the sales and production team to plan out accurate salesand production for the year, ensuring that it aligns with goals and objectives
- Coordinate with external suppliers, contractors, and business associates, as necessary, to ensure each project to be delivered successfully
- Maintain and help grow a strong international vendor/supply network
- Maintain product and process information within CPS’s business systems
- Develop a product /project roadmap to show near intermediate and long-term outcomes based on CPS’s business plan
- Develop SOP and work instruction,and provide relative trainings for each project team as well as for CPS’s production lines
- Collaborate with CPS’s business development, mechanical engineering, controls/programming, manufacturing teams on daily basis
- Identify, plan for and implement cost reduction and/or quality improvement initiatives based on product, productivity and/or process improvements throughout the project life time
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Participation in Production, Quality, Sales, Business Development meetings
- Monitor the performance of staff and conduct team member’s KPI on annual basis
- Conduct other duties assigned by CEO
Required Qualifications and Accountabilities
- Minimum Bachelor or Master of Engineering,Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ success in leading and managing progressive/complex projects in a complete PM capacity, demonstrating PMO methodologies for planning, risk management, communication and reporting
- 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing, supply-chain management and operations
- Strong knowledge of the design and production workflow for operation, web, and supply-chain
- Proven successful projectswith full project life cycle ownership
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, methodology development and application evaluation.
- Success in working with multidisciplinary teams, contractors and the top decision maker
- Excellent knowledge inMS Office, MS Project ,ITinfrastructureand platform operations
- Critical thinkingwith strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- “Hands-on” mentality, flexibility, detail orientated, well organized, team building, diligent, stress tolerance.
- Good knowledge of Lean manufacturing
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- PMP or Prince II certificate
- International market and operation knowledge
- Chemical engineering is a valuable asset
It should be noted that in light of COVID and for the health & safety of our employees and applicants, we will be completing this selection process virtually until further notice. We appreciate your understanding with this!
CPS is committed to ensuring that all people-related processes such as recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, and so forth are administered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, or age. We value an inclusive workplace and will ensure our practices and policies uphold just this. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available.
By email with resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org. must include “Senior Project Manager - Manufacturing” in subject line.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.