* Perform complex fabrication, shaping, modification and repair work performed on a variety of electric rotating and linear equipment, including parts & tools used on machinery & equipment.
* The work involves the calculation of dimensions and tolerances, the set-up, adjustment & operation of machine tools. Will work with various types of metals, plastics, imperial & metric measurements & close tolerances.
* Basic mathematical capabilities with an understanding of tolerances and bearing fits.
*Capable of reading mechanical drawings & specifications to applicable standards.
* Knowledge of mechanical instruments, calibration techniques and requirements.
* Use of Milling machine, Lathe Machine, Drill Press, Undercutting machines & tools, Balancing machine, & Brush Plating machines.
* Usage of overhead cranes & material handling equipment.
* Able to understand Internal test Reports.
* Welding principles & application; basic manual ARC welding.
* Usage of Pneumatic, Hydraulic & Air Tools.