2 Assistant Cooks required for a very busy Harvey’s in Toronto
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepare and cook food and meals
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- May sometimes clean kitchen and work area
- Determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- May hire and train kitchen staff.
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- To assist in receiving and storing incoming food and supplies
- To participate actively in planning/preparing special occasion and theme meal days
- To ensure use of proper food handling techniques
- To complete daily temperature audits for fridge, freezers and storeroom and record findings on daily form
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Education and experience requirement: completion of secondary school. 2-3 years of relevant experience is required.
Salary: CAD$ 15 per hour plus standard industry benefits. Please note that this is a full-time permanent position at Harvey’s : 10, Dundas Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2L6
If you wish to be considered for the above position, please email your resume at email@example.com