The Cha Baa Thai Restaurant Group is seeking Cooks specialized in the preparation of Thai and Pan-Asian cuisine.
Position: Contract, Permanent, Full time with overtime as needed
Salary: $20.00/hr for minimum of 40 hours per week
Locations: Halifax, Dartmouth and Bedford, Nova Scotia
Education: Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent an asset
Experience: 2 to 3 years experience cooking authentic Thai and Pan-Asian cuisine
Language: Speak, Read, Write – English; fluency in Thai is an asset
Specialization: Authentic Thai and Pan-Asian food - appetizers, main course dishes and desserts.
Experience with Asian wok and Thai carving techniques are assets.
Reporting to the Executive Chef/Owners, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Prepare and service all food items for a la carte menu according to Cha Baa Thai's recipes and standards
- Prepare and service food items for guests with food allergies or intolerances.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Work with specialized cooking equipment and utensils. (wok and carving)
- Prepare menu, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs.
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
Summary of Qualifications:
- Previous experience with preparation of Thai food and Thai food carving techniques required
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work daytime, evenings, and weekends as required