Popeyes is a Multinational chain of fried chicken fast food restaurants founded in 1972 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Since 2008, its full brand name is Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc. and it was formerly named Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits and Popeyes Famous Fried Chicken & Biscuits. It is currently a subsidiary of Restaurant Brands International.
In line with our company’s goal is to continue to invest in our Management team and to achieve this, we are seeking to hire a Shift Supervisor.
Purpose of the Job
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for assisting management in monitoring the day-to-day activities of subordinates, aiding in monitoring associate productivity, assigning responsibility for specified work and/or functional activities within the framework set by management, giving work directions, and monitoring scheduling for adequate shift coverage. This position also maintains knowledge of and monitors compliance with all corporate standards and, through leadership and example, encourages the highest level of sales and customer service performance by other associates. This position also performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by Management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and observes the day-to-day activities of subordinates, coordinates breaks for hourly associates, and keeps management informed of area activities and any significant problems;
- Completes opening, daily and closing procedures/checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures;
- Coordinates with management for on-the-job training of new associates;
- Operates cash register and voids transactions as needed while following all the company's cash handling policies and procedures, and maintains proper security of cash at all times;
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or use of a hand truck;
- Ensure all food and beverage products are being prepared using correct recipe and portion specification.
- Implements product rotation based on product code dates in warehouse and concepts, orders product and participates in physical inventory counts as required;
- Resolves customer complaints in a manner consistent with company policy, and with customer satisfaction in mind;
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards; and
- Monitors compliance with safety guidelines, builds awareness about safety, and reports any safety concerns to management.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent
- Requires a minimum of 1 year supervisory/lead experience
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Food and beverage, cash handling, and customer service experience preferred
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
- Shift Supervisor will work a standard work week of 37.5 hours
- May be required to work some overtime hours to attend meetings during specific periods high demands of the restaurant.
- Will report directly to the Director of Operations
- Competitive Annual Pay- $ 31,200 CAD
- Permanent, full-time position
- Work hours 37.5 hours a week
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Work Locations: 3087 Winston Churchill Blvd, Unit No.2, Mississauga, ON L5L 2V8
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply for the position. Please contact us if you require any accommodation and we will ensure that appropriate arrangements are made to facilitate the process.
- Contact Name: Hassan Muhammad
- Company Name: Furqan Holdings O/A Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
- Company Address: 3087 Winston Churchill Blvd, Unit No.2, Mississauga, ON L5L 2V8
- Workplace Address: 3087 Winston Churchill Blvd, Unit No.2, Mississauga, ON L5L 2V8
- Tel: 437-244-9805
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: August 20, 2020