Bombay Spices has represented a wide variety of gourmet food, snacks and grand sweet from India. We are seeking an experienced Store Supervisor to support the establishment and development of the store in Halifax, NS.
Summary of Responsibilities
To supervise all aspects of store function including staff in assisting in sales of Indian spices and items as well as maintaining the store front and customer service.
- Supervise and co-ordinate sales staff
- Assign sales workers to duties and prepare work schedules
- Authorize payments and the return of merchandise
- Resolve issues that may arise, including customer requests, complaints and supply shortages
- Maintain specified inventory and order merchandise
- Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Ensure the visual standards and image of the store are maintained, such as store displays
- Maintain store hours
- Stock shelves, assist Customers, Cash deposit and closing cash
- Receive incoming stock and review purchase orders
- Meet with wholesale distributors
- Perform key holding and managerial duties, such as opening and closing the store, developing and implementing marketing strategies, and signing for deliveries.
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Two years to less then three years retail management experience required.
- Knowledge and experience in Indian spices, grains, cuisine and items is a necessary asset to this position.
- Ability to manage sales staff, orders, upkeep stock and good customer service skills.
- Must be able to work individually as well as a team member.
- Must have clear criminal record.
- Must be able to frequently lift 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
Language skills: English ,Hindi and Punjabi
Education: Completion of high school is required. No formal post-secondary education is necessary. Experience
Working Conditions: The position may require long periods of time standing, heavy lifting and minor cleaning duties.