2322819 ONTARIO INC. O/A Right Service Right Choice has an immediate opening for an experienced truck driver (NOC #7511) at our location in Mississauga, Ontario.
As a truck driver, you will perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate and drive primary trucks, long-combination vehicle and weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances.
- Loading and unloading of goods overland to and from customers.
- Secure and unsecured loads using straps and load bars with safety requirements
- Conduct Pre-Trip and post-trip inspection of the vehicle and safely operate the equipment.
- Plan travel schedules route ahead and obtain the necessary documentation for transporting goods.
- Responsible for communicating with Dispatch department and with clients as needed
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Carry out all duties related to long-haul driving such as record hours of service, distance covered fuel consumption, and maintain electronic logbooks.
- Monitor service and safety inspection requirements of assigned tractor and trailers.
- Record information about carrying material, bill of lading, and all required paperwork for transportation requirements
- May perform emergency roadside repairs
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- May drive in city or on short runs
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
- Record information of carrying material, bill of landing and all required paperwork for transportation requirements.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job-training is provided.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A class 1 or A license is required to drive long combination vehicles.
- Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
- Must be able to operate manual transmission
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time (40 hours/week)
Compensation: $0.60 per Mile / $20.50 per hour is guaranteed for this job.