Glenashton Daycare Centre Ltd
Glenashton Daycare Centre Ltd. has immediate opening for a Registered Early Childhood Educator (NOC: 4214) at our location in Oakville, Ontario.
As a Registered Early Childhood Educator (NOC: 4214), you will perform some or all of the following duties:
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- To be responsible for the health and safety of the children and their environment and to report any unsafe situations to the Supervisor immediately.
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- Ensure that the children’s individual needs are being met.
- To be responsible for planning the Academics, Creative, Dramatic, Sensory and Outdoor curriculum according to children’s interests.
- Ensure that all program plans and room setup meet quality standards. You should submit weekly program plans to the Supervisor for review. This includes updating the classroom with new items weekly.
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members.
- Recognize and embrace different cultures and provide care that will not conflict with cultural beliefs.
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- To stimulate excellence in learning through academic, artistic and athletic pursuits.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children.
- To enhance a child’s self-esteem and positive self-concept.
- To be a warm, caring and nurturing role model for the children.
- To use appropriate behaviour management techniques.
- Follow Centre policies and procedures.
- To be a team-player and work within the team.
- To build and maintain a rapport with parents to ensure open lines of communication.
- To communicate regularly with the Supervisor. To report any significant events to the Supervisor daily including: accidents, injuries, parental concerns, staff concerns and any other significant matter.
- To be responsible for all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Director.
- To maintain a professional demeanor at all times including refraining from using office resources for personal use.
- To maintain and positive attitude and friendly disposition.
- Completion of a two- to four-year college program in early childhood education or a bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Development is required.
- Licensing is required as early childhood educators
- A passion for working with children
- Strong interpersonal skills to gain trust and respect of children and their parents
- Experience in the child care field is required.
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time (40 hours/week)
Compensation: $ 20.00 /hour
Location: 2200 Trafalgar Rd, Oakville, ON L6H 7H2
To apply e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org