PASTRY CHEF – ANCORA AMBLESIDE
Ancora Ambleside is recoginzed as one of the finest dining experiences in the Vancouver area, specializing in fresh and innovative seafood combining flavours and techniques which embrace several diverse cultures, located in a modern setting wiht a spectacular waterfront location. We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef.
The Pastry Chef role includes (but is not limited to) the following:
• Work independently to prepare and execute a variety of recipes for cakes, pastries, laminated doughs, breads, tarts, and confections.
• Must be able to execute pastry dishes consistently according to the recipes and standards in terms of taste and appearance.
• Responsible for safe food handling and keeping food preparation areas clean. Take part in daily kitchen cleaning at the end of work shift.
• Responsible for operating and monitoring the proper functioning of equipment such as convection ovens, dough mixers, proofer, dough sheeter, and cooler/freezer.
• Instruct and supervise cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food.
• Requisition food and kitchen supplies.
At least 2 years previous experience in food preparation as a chef/cook.
Cook trade certification or equivalent training and experience.
Clear conversational English language ability is required.
This is a permanent, full-time position with a wage of $20.00 to $22.00 per hour depending on experience.
Group benefits package will be provided after 6 months.
Ancora Ambleside is located at 1351 Bellevue Avenue, West Vancouver BC Canada V7T 2P9
HOW TO APPLY
Submit you resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Viaggio Hotel and Restaurants Corp.