La Carnita is looking for one (1) Sous Chef to perform the following duties:
• Supervise activities of cooks and other kitchen workers
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to the cooking staff
• May plan menus and requisition food and kitchen supplies
• Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods.
• Delegate tasks to the rest of the staff.
• Ensure that the kitchen area functions properly.
• Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen area.
• Orient Cooks and Kitchen Assistants.
• Place the relevant orders for the replenishment of supplies.
• Monitor optimal food handling and ensure that they are exposed to appropriate temperatures.
• Check the quality of the ingredients to be used to ensure they meet the minimum quality standards established.
• Work together with the Executive Chef in the elaboration of varied menus that follow the line of vision and policies of the establishment
Experience: minimum experience of one (1) year. Knowledge and experience with Mexican and/or Latin American cuisine of at least one (1) year.
Salary: $19 per hour
Permanent. Full Time/ 40 to 50 Hours per week
Start date: immediately
Education: Post-secondary diploma.
Employer’s business address/Location of employment: 780 Queen St. E.
Toronto, ON, M4M 1H4
Please apply By E-mail: email@example.com