Provide ongoing child care for our 4, 7, and 9 year old children including their well-being, physical and social development by assisting us with child care and household duties.
- Supervise and care for children in employer's or own residence
- Bathe, dress and feed children
- Plan, prepare and serve meals for children and may perform other housekeeping duties
- Oversee children's activities, such as meals and rest periods, as instructed by employer
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Instruct children in personal hygiene
- Tend to the emotional well-being of children and support their social development
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Provide age-appropriate educational training through organized activities such as games, crafts, reading and outings
- May be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child.
Wage: $15-18/hour depending on experience
Language of work: English
Terms of Employment: 2 years full-time, 30 hours per week
Benefits: private health insurance (we will pay for the equivalent private health insurance until the temporary foreign worker becomes eligible for the provincial/territorial plan)
No formal education required, but previous experience working as a child caregiver required