Located in Mississauga, Ontario, a construction company is hiring two insulators/fire stoppers. Upon hiring, the candidate must commit to the rules that the business adheres to; given the current pandemic, the company is aware of the health-related measures that are currently at play. The company takes these regulations seriously and all employees are expected to comply as well.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to establish insulation requirements and select types of insulation.
- Measure and cut insulating material to required dimensions using hand and power tools
- Apply and secure insulation as needed.
- Apply waterproofing cement over insulating materials to finish surfaces.
- Install vapour barriers.
Job Type: Full-time (40 hours)
Salary: $32.66 per hour, and overtime pay as required by the Ontario Employment Standards Act.
Work remotely: No.
- Completion of secondary schooling, or Canadian equivalent.
- Completion of an apprenticeship program or a combination of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in insulating is required.
- Ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds.
- Able to drive and willing to go for assignments in other cities in the region.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Ontario.
- Must speak English.
- The applicant must have safety training certificates consisting of WHIMIS, Working at Heights, Aerial equipment training on suspended platforms, boom lifts, and scissor lifts.
- The applicant must have thorough experience in the following:
- Strong adherence to advanced safety protocols, worker risk awareness, pre-work safety review.
- Installation of silicone, acrylic, and polyurethane sealants and their compatibilities with the materials they are applied to.
- Installation of both one and two-part spray foam insulations, both low and high expansion.
- Strong comprehension of ULC assemblies for firestop and smoke seal applications.
- Installation of mineral fibre insulation for thermal, acoustic, and firestop applications.
- Leading a small crew of installers, with above-referenced skill sets.
- Working in both ICI and residential sectors.
- Remote interview process.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Temperature screenings.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to John, the company manager: John.email@example.com.