Established in 2013, 2389799 Ontario Inc. d.b.a. Faster Moving is a leading transportation and logistics company. We offer Canada-wide delivery services to individuals and businesses. We also provide international shipping and storage solutions between Canada and China. We are your trusted partner in international shipping as we take care of your shipping as well as customs clearance procedures.
We have an exceptional reputation for excellent customer service and a proven track record for delivering high quality shipping services since 2013. We understand that moving isn’t just about possessions – it’s about people.
We are now looking for qualified employees to join our team in our new shipping center located at 15 Victoria Ave, Suite 401&402, Belleville, Ontario, K8N 1Z5. We are hiring a Senior Transportation Manager with at least five years of experience to join our dynamic team. Your main role is to lead and manage the overall transportation activities of our new shipping center. You will be working at our office located at 15 Victoria Ave, Suite 401&402, Belleville, Ontario. We offer a competitive salary of $41/hour based on 40 hours of working per week ($85,280 per annual) with three weeks of paid vacation per year. This is a full-time permanent position.
What You Will Do:
As a Senior Transportation Manager, you will be responsible to manage, co-ordinate the overall activities of transportation and shipping of goods, including the following:
- Arrange, direct and control both domestic and international shipping activities to make sure the shipment is on schedule;
- Prepare, review and revise shipping documentations and to ensure the compliance of international transportation regulations and customs requirements;
- Monitor, distribute high volumes of goods through freight, by air, sea and trucks to ensure timely shipping;
- Manage warehouse and storage activities by implementing standard protocols and procedures;
- Propose and implement performance standards in accordance with the company’s revenue targets, and conduct regular performance reviews;
- Monitor and adjust services fees from time to time based on the current market’s trends;
- Propose various protocols and standards on transportations, storage and logistics;
- Develop and maintain relationship with quality carriers, transportation providers and other agency in China to facilitate a smooth operation of international shipping;
- On behalf of the company, negotiate and secure reasonable rates with carriers, insurance companies, warehouse providers to save expenses;
- Responsible for establishing and controlling the budgets of shipping and storage;
- Hire logistic supervisors and coordinator and relevant staff; manage relevant staff training and performance management.
Qualifications Your ideal profile includes:
- College diploma or above or equivalent experience is required;
- Experience in managing high-level and day-to-day logistics of sophisticated operations;
- At least five years of management experience in logistics, transportations, of which at least three years must be in a senior management role;
- At least three years of experience in handling international shipping and transportation activities and operations (preferably in China where most of our clients is located)
- Familiarity with the latest international logistics and transportation regulations, protocols and policy;
- Solid networking with quality carriers, transportation providers, insurance agency is required
- Excellent negotiation skills, good business judgement and the ability to secure the desirable rates;
- Experience of operating your own business with entrepreneurial spirit is an asset (not a requirement);
With confidence, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
2389799 Ontario Inc. d.b.a. Faster Moving