HOME SUPPORT ATTENDANT
Home support attendant
NOC 4412 - Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations
Home support workers provide personal care and companionship for seniors, persons with disabilities and convalescent clients. Care is provided within the client's residence, in which the home support worker may also reside. They are employed by home care and support agencies, private households, or they may be self-employed. Housekeepers perform housekeeping and other home management duties in private households and other non-institutional, residential settings.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Home support workers
- Provide care and companionship for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, convalescence, or family disruption
- Administer bedside and personal care to clients such as aid in ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing
- Plan and prepare meals and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding clients
- May perform routine health-related duties such as changing non-sterile dressings, assisting in the administration of medications, and collecting specimens under the general direction of home care agency supervisor or nurse
- May perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds.
- Housekeepers perform
- Perform housekeeping and other home management duties under general direction of employer
Plan and prepare meals independently or with employer, and may serve meals
Mr. & Mrs. Richmond Chandler