The Industrial Electrician performs tasks related to the proper functioning and repair of the Automated Storage Racking System (ASRS). This position reports to the Plant Engineer in the Maintenance department and works in collaboration with the Shipping and Production departments to provide electrical related technical support while following the company rules and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Act as an Automated Storage and Retrieval System and Auto-Guided Vehicle (AGV)
• Improve the reliability of the ASRS and Automatic Guided Vehicle (AGV) systems currently
• Perform required repairs and preventive maintenance of the ASRS.
• Perform routine maintenance.
• Detect and troubleshoot irregularities and malfunctions of sensors, super capacitors, Wifi communicators, actuators, spiral shafts and other sensitive equipment.
• Complete frequent inspections of the ASRS and AGV equipment and other machinery or
equipment as required, ensuring systems meet electrical codes.
• Ensure that all electrical equipment is safe for operation.
• Develop stocking system and maintain parts stock.
• Participate in the development of a preventive and predictive maintenance plan in
collaboration with the Plant Engineer.
• Read blueprints, drawings and schematics.
• Collaborate with various trades during major works.
• Participate in the planning of machine shutdowns with the Plant Engineer.
• Foster communication among team members, and maintain or improve team spirit and
promote a healthy and safe work environment.
• Take part in company health and safety training.
• Respond to urgent service requests.
• Full comprehension of ASRS and AGV systems including the installation, diagnostics of electrical systems and repair of electrical equipment.
• Electrical and mechanical knowledge of the ASRS
• Qualified and/or certified electrical technician or equivalent
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawing and schematics of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Qualified and/or experience with tow motor/forklift, scissor lift or other man lifts
• Qualified and/or experience with fall arrest procedures
• Qualified and/or experience with lock-out procedures
• 3-5 years’ electrical installation and electrical maintenance experience with Automated Storage Systems
Reference ID: ELECTRICIAN ASRS
Application Deadline: 2021-11-18
Expected Start Date: 2021-11-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00 per hour