LOTUS THAI AND VIETNAMESE CUISINE is hiring FOUR (4) Cooks to perform the following duties:
- Prepare and cook complete Vietnamese and Thai meals or individual dishes and foods
• Prepare and cook special meals instructed by chef
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment
• Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products served
• Know and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
• Complete opening and closing checklists
• Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties
• Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period
• Prepare item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating
• Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications
• Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
• Handle, store and rotate all products properly
• Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, walls, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
• Close the kitchen properly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations; Assist others in closing the kitchen
• Perform dishwashing and dishwashing room duties as needed
• Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement
• Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to Kitchen Manager
• Inform Kitchen Manager immediately of product shortages
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty
Terms of Employment:
• Reports to: Manager/Kitchen Manager/Supervisor
• Salary: $16 per hour
• 40 hours per week; Morning and Evening shifts
• Permanent, Full-Time
• Start date: immediately
• Language: English. Vietnamese language is preferred but not required.
• Education: High school or relevant experience
• Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience in commercial cooking, in kitchen preparation and cooking
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to learn and perform given tasks.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
Business address/Location of employment:
280 MUD ST. WEST suite E1, STONEY CREEK, Ontario, L8J 3Z6
Send resume and references to LOTUSTHAINVIETCUISINE@GMAIL.COM