Employer: Sharky's Chophouse
Job Title: Butchers, meat cutters (NOC 6331)
Terms of Employment: Full time, permanent position (40 hours a week)
Wage: CAD$ 18.00 to 20.00 per hour
Benefits: 4% vacation pay added to bi-weekly pay.
Long-established butcher selling high quality grass fed, free range meat, deli, specialty comfort food and sausage emporium.
We are looking for an individual that has an interest to establish a carrier in the food industry and wants to acquire the knowledge of artisanal meat preparation and sausage making.
The qualifying candidate will be focused on personal achievements and has the willingness to learn and grow forward within the organization.
- Cut, trim, and otherwise prepare standard cuts of meat, poultry, fish and shellfish for sale at self-serve counters or according to customers' orders
- Grind meats and slice cooked meats using powered grinders and slicing machines
- Prepare special displays of meat, poultry, fish and shellfish
- Shape, lace and tie roasts and other meats, poultry or fish and may wrap prepared meats, poultry, fish and shellfish
- Manage inventory, keep records of sales and determine amount, product line and freshness of products according to company and customer requirements
- Ensure food storage conditions are adequate
- May supervise other butchers, or meat cutters
- Evaluate and improve customer service and responding to customer issues;
- Preparation packaging in the processing areas;
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage;
- Good hygiene and cleanliness practises;
- Completion of required protocols;
- Sanitation and food safety practises.
- High school or equivalent;
- Minimum of 1 year’ kitchen experience;
- Ability to speak English;
- Food Safe Level 1 Certification preferred but not mandatory;
- We are accepting all applications; however, preference will be given to people with flexible schedules and open availability. Must be available for shifts on weekends;
- Knowledge of the Brazilian meat cuts is an asset.
- Completion of a college or other meat-and-fish-cutting training program, or a three-year meat cutting apprenticeship may be required.
- On-the-job training in food stores is usually provided for retail butchers, meat cutters
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
Address: 106-123 Carrie Cates Ct - North Vancouver - BC - V7M 3K7
Send resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com
Instructions: Please indicate in your cover letter whether or not you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada. Our company offers professional team environment, as well as competitive wages, and benefits package after probation. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Invitation to all applicants: We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate by nationality or gender. We encourage applications from visible minority groups including women, aboriginals and newly landed immigrants.