Alam Law Office is a leading law firm dealing with various areas of law including but not limited to personal injury , product liability , occupier liability , insurance litigation , family law, criminal law and immigration. Our team of lawyers has expertise in different areas who deal with clients of their respective area.
Our company’s goal is to continue to invest in our management team and to achieve this, we are seeking to hire a Accounts Supervisor to be a part of the team.
Purpose of the Job
The Accounts Supervisor will be responsible to create and update the database and record of daily transactions, maintain the payroll system, disburse the salaries, develop KPIs, respond to inquiries related to all accounting processes and maintain accurate accounting records for tax-related purposes. The position also assists the manager in budgeting, allocation of resources and recommends measures for cost control. This position prepares and reconciles the yearend financial statements and proposes recommendations for next year. The finance supervisor will be working closely with the manager and will directly report to the Director.
1. Roles and Responsibilities:
Accounts Supervisor will be responsible to carry out the following duties:
- Create and regularly update the daily transactions of the company in a spreadsheet
- Keep a record of all documentation e.g. invoices and receipts for audit purposes
- Create and maintain separate accounts for accounts payables and accounts receivables on a day to day basis
- Prepare tax documents and file the taxes
- Ensure a timely response to all the email and telephones correspondence related to all accounting procedures including accounts payables, billings etc.
- Responsible for paying organizational liabilities such as the insurance premiums and taxes
- Assist the director in allocation of budgets to each department and estimate the required expenses
- Develop and maintain the financial analysis of the year end statements and make recommendations for improvement
- Identify and resolve any discrepancies in the accounting procedures or other financial issues
- Develop and maintain the payroll system of the company and participate in the payroll process as well as disburse salaries to the employees
- Assist to set KPIs for the staff and carry out the performance appraisal; orient new and existing employees to company’s policies and procedures
- Identify and recommend measures to control the overall cost and productivity
2. Education, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in commerce, accounting, finance and / or Information Technology
- 5 + years of experience working in the financial sector
- Proven experience working as a supervisor
- Hands on experience with accounting software and financial analysis tools; MS Office Suite
- Proven experience of bookkeeping procedures
- Able to communicate in English language; written; reading and oral
- Excellent communication skills; interpersonal and presentation skills
- Able to multi-task and has great attention to detail
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to deal with diverse population
- Able to maintain confidentiality of company and employee profiles
3. Working Conditions
- The working hours will be Monday to Friday for 37.5 hours
- May be required to work some overtime hours to attend meetings or year end reconciliations.
- Will report directly to the director
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply for the position. Please contact us if you require any accommodation and we will ensure that appropriate arrangements are made to facilitate the process.
4. Position Offers
- Competitive Pay: $35 per hour
- Permanent, full-time position
- Work hours 37.5 hours a week
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Work Location: 5100 Dixie Road, Mississauga, ON L4W 1C9
5. Contact Information:
- Contact Person: Jawaid Alam
- Company Name: Alam Law Office
- Company Address: 5100 Dixie Road, Mississauga, ON L4W 1C9
- Tel: 905-564-5953
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: 05-01-2022