Large transformer coil winder
9525 - Assemblers, fabricators and inspectors, industrial electrical motors and transformers
Assemblers, fabricators and inspectors of industrial electrical motors and transformers assemble, fabricate, fit, wire and inspect heavy-duty industrial electrical equipment. They are employed by manufacturers of industrial electric motors, transformers, control equipment, railway locomotives, transit vehicles and other heavy electrical equipment.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Assemble and fit metal and other prefabricated parts to close tolerances according to blueprints to build heavy-duty electric motors or transformers
- Assemble stators or armatures for heavy-duty electric motors; compress steel laminations to build transformer cores; assemble windings into core using overhead cranes and make electrical connections using crimping, brazing and soldering equipment
- Assemble and fit electrical motor or transformer auxiliary equipment such as bushings, tap changes, conduit boxes, heating devices, protective equipment and cooling equipment
- Set up and adjust production machinery and equipment, such as coil winding machines, for the manufacture of heavy-duty electrical equipment
- May perform basic tests on electric motors.
- Electrical fitters and wirers
- Interpret engineering drawings, electrical schematics and blueprints
- Fit motor starters, contactors, capacitors, circuit breakers, voltage regulators, printed circuit boards or other electrical control devices into switchboards and panelboards to produce automated processing control equipment, electrical distribution panels, or other industrial electrical control equipment
- Wire electrical connections for switchboards and panelboards
- Assemble panelboard and switchboard cabinets and install bus bars used to carry heavy electrical current
- May operate metal fabricating equipment to fabricate or modify bus bars.
- Monitor production and troubleshoot production problems
- Check final assembly of electric motors, transformers or control equipment for adherence to quality control standards
- Collect, record and summarize inspection results.
Sherwood Electromotion Inc.