COORDINATE INDUSTRIES LTD.is looking for One (1) CNC 5 Axis Machinist, to perform the following duties:
- Reports to the Lead Hand & Production Supervisor
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Verify dimensions of machined parts or tooling using micrometers, verniers, calipers, height gauges, optical comparators, co-ordinate measuring machines (CMM) or other specialized measuring instruments
- Interpret drawings and work to close tolerances
- May modify tooling and fixtures to turn out best quality parts
- Responsible for loading parts, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planning, drilling, precision grinding and other operations
- Follow quality management system policy and procedures as per AS 9100 International Standard
- Sets-up and operates machine that cuts metal blocks according to specification
- Fill out records, work orders or production related records, as required.
- Follow work orders and performs duties as per customer specification.
- Follow appropriate work instructions, control plan and/or inspection instructions
- Perform all in-process, final inspection and mark results in appropriate records.
Terms of Employment:
Ø Salary: $25 per hour; 40 hours per week
Ø Permanent, Full-Time
Ø Start date: immediately
Ø Benefits: Life Insurance, Health Care, Drugs, Travel Dental Benefits Vacation pay, PPE, Contribution to skills upgrade related to position
Business address/Location of employment: 2251 Winston Park Drive, Oakville, ON, L6H 5R1, Canada
- At least 2 years on-the-job or Co-Op CNC Machine experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Must have knowledge of CNC Programming techniques
- Intermediate knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and scales.
- Knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an intermediate understanding of geometric tolerance and dimensions.
- Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
- Familiarity with AS9100 quality standards and AS14001 Environmental Standards
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Experienced set-up Operator for Mazak or DMG 70 Evolution with good knowledge of Heidenhain Mazatrol controls
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and work to close tolerances (up to 0.0005)
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- The ability to rely on limited experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Successful candidate will be asked to perform simple task associated with running a CNC milling machine
- Experience in the aerospace and manufacturing industry
Please send your resume by email to Hr1@coordinate-industries.com
COORDINATE INDUSTRIES LTD.