Our Company: City Cannabis Co., 651 Robson St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2B9
At City Cannabis, we are passionate about sharing our knowledge and expertise with the canna-curious, the experienced users, as well as those looking to rediscover cannabis in the legal market.
Every day, we are learning more about how cannabis can help people unwind. In the new world of legal cannabis, our vision is shaped by a desire to erase the stigma and change the perceptions around cannabis and its consumers. City Cannabis Co. currently has 4 store locations in Canada.
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Retail Customer Service Supervisor who can efficiently run the daily operations of our business and provide excellent service to our valued customers. This position is also in charge of developing City Cannabis’ relationships and standing in the neighbourhood of flagship locations.
Job Title: Retail Customer Service Supervisor (NOC 6211)
Role Specific Skills:
- Assists with City Wise grading process, helps to delegate out any City Wise training at a district level
- Helps build out foundational new hire training with industry-specific updates, ensuring new hires are best equipped for a highly regulated retail environment
- Collects feedback from trainees and store staff to make recommendations on future improvements to Standard Operating Procedures as well as a training package
- Participates in community engagement to help de-stigmatize cannabis and its place in society
- Owns 2nd tier training around sales, merchandising, City-Wise expectations, store audits (for both training program adherence and City standards)
- Introducing new Licensed Producers and new accessories companies to the company through Digital means (Teams) as well as in-person (HQ, pop-up)
Basic Supervisory Accountabilities
- Delegate breaks, oversee and assess deployment positions and maintain control of the sales floor to ensure optimal speed of service and customer satisfaction.
- Supervise staff’s adherence to Federal, Provincial and local industry Oversee that all company regulations including those for safety and security and cash handling, are followed by staff to ensure the safety of all employees on shift.
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events while supervising the store, to ensure it is operating to standard; set a positive example for your staff and store supervisors on the sales floor, balance multiple competing demands from staff and customers with grace and little effort
- Adhere to Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and never discuss company operations with anyone who is not employed with City Cannabis
- Anticipate customer & business needs by constantly evaluating the environment and customers for cues by reading the room and being present in all
- Oversee the rigorous control of inventory. Supervise staff to ensure they are repeating orders back to customers in both Sales and Till positions as well as double-check package accuracy in both Expo and Till to prevent any discrepancies and maintain government regulatory
- Able to construct End of Day emails with a professional tone, highlighting the positive aspects of the day's business and focusing on improvements the team can make moving forward to capture business
- Drive your self-development and provide continuous feedback to colleagues and Leadership Team
- Closely supervise and assist in training new employees by sharing information to build knowledge and by positively reinforcing successful performance through recognition and coaching
- Contribute to a positive team environment via ongoing communication with the leadership team on improving the shop
- Make all decisions on shift through the lens of the customer, to ensure the City Experience is Execute a "Stop, Drop & Serve" mentality at all times
- Actively seek information regarding new and existing products, producers, strains, cannabinoids, terpenes, and industry advancements
- Align with store and senior leadership on goals for the fiscal year including being aware of all current City-Wise objectives
- Ensure visual standards are followed and maintained
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance and punches accurately to ensure proper work hours
- Train new sales staff, monitor their performance and report to management
- Vast knowledge of Cannabis history, anatomy biochemical composition, extractions, methods of consumption and appropriate portion control/dosage
- Ability to memorize an extensive number of different cannabis flower, concentrate, edible and topical products from various brands
- Ability to memorize a constantly changing product lineup
- Confident understanding of federal and provincial cannabis regulations, risks and harms of cannabis
- Able to communicate to clients the basics of responsible use
- Must be able to supervise 12+ staff members
- Must be able to work multiple positions on the sales floor as business dictates and direct reports to do the same in periods of high volume
651 Robson St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2B9
Permanent, Full time (40 hours per week)
As soon as possible
Medical, Dental, Optical benefits, Employee Discount
Spoken and written English required
Secondary (High) School education required
- 1+ Years in Canadian Retail Cannabis Industry
- 2 Years or more in a Customer Service Supervisor Role
- 3+ years in a Customer Service setting
Cannabis-specific industry certifications:
- Cannsell Certificate
- Cannareps Cannabis Sommelier Training Level 1 or higher
- Trichome Institute Certification
- Hi Society Certificate
Mandatory: BC Selling It Right Certification; Criminal Record Check or Cannabis Worker Security Verification
Industry-specific age restriction: 19+ years of age due to the nature of the cannabis industry and its regulation.
If you meet all the requirements of the position, please send us your resume at: email@example.com or mail it to us at: City Cannabis Co., 651 Robson St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2B9
All employment decisions at City Cannabis Co. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status. City Cannabis Co. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. City Cannabis Co. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on these characteristics & encourage applications from all people. All applicants need to be 19+ years of age or older to apply due to regulatory requirements.