Feb 22, 2022
819 Sheppard Avenue West Toronto, Ontario M3H 2T3
- An Innovative Jewish Day School with classes from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8
- Pluralistic and Egalitarian within Halakhah
- Implementing integrated Jewish/General Studies Curricula
- Employing Arts-based curricula & methods
- Dedicated to a collaborative teaching model
- Committed to Teaching for Understanding (Harvard University model)
- Committed to a strong environmental ethos
You will do:
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups and independent or group projects
- Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress
- Advise students on program curricula and career decisions
- Provide individualized tutorial or remedial instruction to students who require it
- Supervise teaching assistants
- Provide children with Jewish culture insights by providing culture-related activities or events
- May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
We require you to be/have:
- A bachelor's degree or a college diploma or equivalent demonstrated expertise
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- A dedicated educator who is committed to Klal Israel
- Committed to bringing Jewish values and concepts to all areas of curriculum and daily life
- A creative and innovative thinker
- A flexible team player who thrives in a collaborative teaching model
- Dedicated to teaching and learning through the Arts
- Able to teach particular disciplines (i.e. Math, Science, Language Arts, Judaics, Hebrew, Social Sciences)
- Able to create environments in which students learn how to use skills in new and varied contexts
- Serious about participating in on-going professional development in accordance with the school philosophy
- Fluent Hebrew speaker. Ability to teach fully Ivrit b'Ivrit.
- Strong background teaching Hebrew Language and Tanakh
- Able to read Torah trop (Ta’amim)
- Background in drama, dance and/or music an asset
Terms of Employment:
- Salary: $90,724/year. Standard school year is 10 months. Teaching staff are paid over a 12-month period for work related to the school year.
• Permanent, Full Time/ 40.00 Hours per week.
• Start date: immediately.
Location of employment: 819 Sheppard Avenue West Toronto, Ontario M3H 2T3
Please send a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Toronto Heschel School
Apply by Email: