Greenland Construction and Landscaping located in Burnaby, BC is looking for 2 full-time permanent Construction Helpers to work at various residential and commercial locations in the Lower Mainland area.
Start date: ASAP.
- Load, unload and transport construction materials,
- Mix, pour and spread materials, Assist heavy equipment operators,
- Assist in drilling and blasting rock on construction sites,
- Level earth to fine grade specifications,
- Pave and rake asphalt,
- Clean and pile salvaged materials,
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants,
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites,
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction,
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites,
- Read and interpret blueprints,
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete.
Education & employment requirements: no degree, certificate or diploma; No experience required, will train.
Skills as an asset (not required):
Construction Specialization: Residential, Industrial, commercial and institutional, Driveways, Retaining walls
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Concrete vibrators, Circular saws, Concrete saws, Mortar and concrete mixers, Pumpcretes, Nail guns, Drills, Forklift, Compactor, Sledgehammer, Chain saw, Concrete finishing machine, Concrete pumping equipment, concrete mixing. Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Wage: $20.00/hr for 30 to 37.5 hours per week.
How to apply: email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org