Employer Name: Cascades Recovery + Kelowna
Company description: Cascades Recovery+, a division of Cascades Canada ULC (“Cascades Recovery+”), provides its partners with a custom Recovery PLUS® recycling program, focused on increasing diversion and minimizing overall waste costs. Cascades Recovery+ is NOT a waste Company, we are a full-service Sustainability solutions provider.
Location of Work: 144 Cambro Rd, Kelowna, BC V1X 7T3
Title of Position: Sorter Recycling materials - NOC (9619)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
- This position is responsible to safe and efficient sorting, grading and placement of recycled materials in their appropriate areas according to the specified requirements and production standards
- Comply with all company policies and safety procedures.
- Complete all daily housekeeping duties as directed by the Supervisors.
- Perform other duties as laid out by the Lead Sorter and/or Supervisors. Examples of other duties will include yard/plant cleanup and office paper sorting.
- Adapt to an always changing and growing industry.
- Grading and sorting of bulk loads of loose materials.
- Check and weigh materials and products
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Perform other labouring and elemental activities.
- Secondary school required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- No experience required
- Good communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Good hand and eye coordination.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Willingness to adapt and improve.
- Ability to receive and follow instruction.
- Good attendance
- Ability to lift minimum 50 pounds.
Wage & Hours: $18.20 per hour
- Number of hours per day: 8
- Number of days per week: 5
- Number of hours per week: 40
- Overtime starts after how many hours: 8 hours per day 40 hours per week
- Shift rotation (as applicable): As needed
☒ Disability Insurance once eligible
☒ Dental Insurance once eligible
☒ Pension once eligible
☒ Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment) once eligible
Type of Vacation:
☒ % Amount: 4%
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org