Do Chay Yaletown has an opening for a full-time Cook! We are looking for someone reliable, who has a passion for food and cooking, and is eager to learn new things. There is opportunity for growth and promotion in our company, and we want someone who can envision themselves working with us long-term.
Position Title: Cook (NOC 6322)
Positions Available: 1
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Position Type: Permanent, full time
Work Schedule: 35-40 hours per week
Salary: $16.25 to $19 per hour; negotiable depending on experience
Benefits: 4% vacation pay
Required Language: English
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare dishes in accordance with recipes and portion sizes.
• Train new kitchen staff in operations.
• Provide a high level of customer service in accordance with our company standards.
• Maintain the inventory/records of food, supplies, and equipment.
• Maintain a safe and sanitary work station and environment.
• Ensure work station is stocked and prepped for shift.
• Close establishment at shift end, ensuring kitchen is clean, and ingredients are put away.
Education & Experience Requirements
• Completion of secondary school.
• 2-3 years of previous related work experience.
• Previous experience in a Vietnamese restaurant is an asset.
How to Apply
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please include the job title in the subject line and attach a resume and cover letter.
We encourage those from underrepresented groups including indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers to Canada, and persons with disabilities to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!