Company description: Cascades Recovery+, a division of Cascades Canada ULC (“Cascades Recovery+”), provides its partners with a custom Recovery PLUS® recycling program, focused on increasing diversion and minimizing overall waste costs. Cascades Recovery+ is NOT a waste Company, we are a full-service Sustainability solutions provider.
Location of Work: 2811 Old Sheffield Rd, Ottawa, ON K1B 3V8
2475 Old Sheffield Rd, Ottawa, ON K1B 3V6
Title of Position: Millwright and Industrial Mechanic - (NOC 7311)
Language: English or French
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
This position is responsible for performing the preventative maintenance activities, completing various repair and maintenance projects within the Plants and will work on large projects with Cascades Recovery + technicians and contractors (as required).
Must understand and practice the Company’s values, which includes treating each other with respect and dignity regardless of position and supports personal growth and continuous improvement
- As per the established schedule, perform the required preventive maintenance on all stationary equipment, mobile plant equipment and building components of the Plant. Will carry out regular inventory control procedures and advise Manager when parts need to be ordered.
- Maintain, overhaul and repair all equipment in the Plant and off-site equipment when required.
- Will perform regular scheduled preventative maintenance (PM Program) for all stationary equipment, mobile plant equipment and building components at both Plant 1 and Plant 2, as required. Will maintain all of the necessary records to support PM Program at Plant 1 and Plant 2.
- Will perform service and repair to all plant equipment as required. This may include stationary equipment, mobile plant equipment and building components at Plant 1 and 2, as required.
- Assist contractors and subcontractors with major repairs or overhauls and with new equipment installations as required.
- Assist other Maintenance staff when requested to maintain and repair of all Cascades
- Work with blueprints, sketches, and technical drawings.
- Perform cutting, grinding, fabricating, and welding as required.
- Operate mobile equipment as required in the performance of job duties.
- Complete daily department housekeeping assignments with focus on safety
- Responsible for returning all tools to the shop after use.
- Constantly monitor plant equipment when in process to pinpoint problems before they arise
- Minimize downtime by properly scheduling PM during off times and/or weekends
- Fill out daily maintenance log sheet
- Be on call for maintenance issues that need to be completed off hours.
- Travel to other Plant locations as required.
- Attend all Department meetings and health and Safety training.
- Some weekends and night shift work will be required.
- Ensure that all Safety Guidelines are followed.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Completion of Secondary School is required
- Completion of technical school training in a related discipline or possess journeyman status as a Millwright or Industrial Mechanic is an asset.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3 to 4 years of experience
- Strong knowledge as a welder/fabricator an asset.
- Ability to perform machining would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of electrical and hydraulic components.
- Must be able to work well in an unsupervised environment and as part of a project team.
- Proven troubleshooting ability with emphasis on safety and reliability.
- Must be well organized.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform machining would be an asset.
- Must be aware of all safety standards and requirements for maintenance work.
- Must be able to effectively work with others in a respectful manner
Wage & Hours: $25.14 per hour
• Number of hours per day: 8.5
• Number of days per week: 5
• Number of hours per week: 42.5
• Overtime starts after how many hours: 42.5
• Shift rotation According to plant hours and governed by the CBA
☒ Disability Insurance once eligible as per CBA
☒ Dental Insurance once eligible as per CBA
☒ Pension: RRSP/DPSP program once eligible as per CBA
☒ Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment)
once eligible as per CBA
☒ Other benefits: Stock purchase options; Uniforms supplied; Boot allowances; Prescription safety glasses
program; 5 paid personal/sick days; Employee Family Assistance program once eligible as per CBA
Type of Vacation:
☒ 4 %: Accrued up to one year of service and paid out in the employee’s proceeding year as per CBA
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org