Employer Name: Cascades Containerboard Packaging
Company description: Cascades is more than a global innovator and manufacturer of green products, it is the collective force of close to 11,000 talented and highly respected individuals, who are empowered to succeed as on. The Company’s history is built upon passion, talend and a strong commitment to sustainable development. Today Cascades is branching out to more than 90 facilities across Norther America & Europe
Location of Work: 274, Humberline Drive, Rexdale, Ontario, M9W 5S2
Title of Position: Second hand, paper machine Operator– NOC (9433)
Language: English or French
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
- The 2nd Operator is responsible for assisting with all activities involved in the production print and/or die presses, including set-up, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations. Safety, efficiency and efficiency are of top concern.
- Assist operator in obtaining orders and verify stock specifications and condition.
- Assist in set-up slotting, feed, and die cut sections on machine accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Assist in mounting and setting print dies and/or cutting dies as required.
- Monitor box quality, including but not limited to: loose liner, warp, correct size, and proper scoring/slotting. Report and/or handle any quality problems.
- Assist in completing necessary administrative duties and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinate with operator for turning in maintenance orders to supervisor for repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment
- Assist operator and/or third operators with job duties on machine
- Additional duties related to or not related to this job classification as assigned by supervisor
- Operate and monitor various papermaking and finishing process machinery and equipment to dry, calender, laminate, coat, slit, trim, wind or carry out other papermaking and finishing process steps
- Mount, position and thread paper rolls using a hoist
- Observe equipment and machinery, panel indicators, gauges, level indicators and other equipment instruments to detect machinery and equipment malfunctions and ensure process steps are carried out according to specifications
- Communicate with and assist papermaking and coating control operators to make process adjustments and to start up or shut down process machines as required
- Inspect paper visually for wrinkles, holes, discolouration, streaks or other defects and take corrective action
Skills, Experience and Education Required:
- Completion of Secondary School
- Experience as a 2nd operator or feeder on machines is an asset
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of Health & Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Ability to prioritize many tasks and execute results, which will promote customer satisfaction;
- Ability to deal with conflict, stress and time constraints in an efficient, professional, courteous manner.
Wage & Hours: $23.00 per hour
- Number of hours per day: 8
- Number of days per week: 5
- Number of hours per week: 40
- Overtime starts after how many hours: 44
- Shift rotation As needed
☒ Disability Insurance
☒ Dental Insurance
☒ Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment)
Type of Vacation:
Eligible for (2) weeks after (1) full year of employment. Vacation pay is accrued at 4%
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply: email@example.com