NOC 6322 - Cooks
Cooks prepare and cook a wide variety of foods. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other health care institutions, central food commissaries, educational institutions, and other establishments. They are also employed aboard ships and at construction and logging campsites.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- May set up and oversee buffets
- May clean kitchen and work area
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- May hire and train kitchen staff.
- Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
EXPERIENCE: 7 months to less than 1 year
EDUCATION: Secondary (high) school graduate, certificate
Dolte Foods Inc.