Employer Name: Cascades Recovery + Etobicoke
Company description: Cascades Recovery+, a division of Cascades Canada ULC (“Cascades Recovery+”), provides its partners with a custom Recovery PLUS® recycling program, focused on increasing diversion and minimizing overall waste costs. Cascades Recovery+ is NOT a waste Company, we are a full-service Sustainability solutions provider.
Location of Work: 66 Shorncliffe Rd, Etobicoke, ON M8Z 5K1
Title of Position: Shop Mechanic – NOC (7321)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
- Ensure that all aspects of service and repair meet the required standards as set out by the Cascades Recovery+ Preventive Maintenance Program
- Ensure that all service and maintenance practices meet the regulatory requirements for the MTO, MOL, and the MOE, to include the signing of MVIS stickers
- Provide daily assistance to garage staff relative to equipment repair including technical support.
- From time to time expected to plan, organize, and control equipment for the garage, in conjunction with the Transportation Department and Plant Facilities.
- Work with Lead hands to coordinate and control the daily scheduling of service and repair of all road and plant equipment.
- Work daily to provided safe, reliable, and available equipment with focus on quality of repair and shop productivity
- Ensure that all scheduled maintenance is completed as outlined by the Shop Lead hand.
- Complete all required Preventative Maintenance and Repair documents to include inventory part numbers and make sure that they are provided daily to the Lead hand
- Provide all necessary tools to complete repairs on all Cascades Recovery Road fleet and plant equipment.
- Document all time keeping in Ultipro in order to insure good time records
- Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicle, and test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune ups.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Must be able to obtain a 310T license.
- Must be able to obtain a valid G class Ontario Driver’s License
- Communication skills
- Computer Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Analytical Abilities
- Mechanical Ability/Knowledge
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and be productive in a high stress environment
- Ability to operate all fleet vehicles
- Coaching and develop Apprentice Mechanics
- Ability to work effectively with Cascades Recovery employees at all levels
Wage & Hours: $22.00 to $35.70 per hour
- Number of hours per day: 8
- Number of days per week: 5
- Number of hours per week: 40
- Overtime starts after how many hours: 44 hours per week
- Shift rotation According to plant hours and governed by the CBA
☒ Disability Insurance once eligible as per CBA
☒ Dental Insurance once eligible as per CBA
☒ Pension: RRSP/DPSP program once eligible as per CBA
☒ Extended medical insurance (e.g., prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services, and equipment) once eligible as per CBA
☒ Life Insurance: 1.5 times annual base salary to a maximum of $100.000 once eligible as per CBA
Type of Vacation:
☒ 4 %: Accrued up to one year of service and paid out in the employee’s proceeding year as prescribed CBA
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply: email@example.com