Employer Name: The Walden Group
Company description: The Walden Group of companies is a family owned, Sudbury based company, that has become a significant player in the mining and industrial service sectors. With over 30 years of experience, The Walden Group has established itself as an industrial leader in turn-key solutions, specializing in the electrical, industrial, and mining sectors
Location of Work: 106 Fielding Rd, Lively, ON P3Y 1L5
Title of position: Heavy-duty equipment mechanics (NOC 7312)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
• Check bulldozers, cranes, graders and other heavy construction, agricultural, logging and mining equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required both in shop setting and in the field.
• Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems, using hand and power tools
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications
• Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
• May perform repair work on heavy trucks
• May attach components and adjust new equipment.
• Repair or replace electrical or electronic components.
• Overhaul, repair, reassemble underground mining equipment
• Servicing, repairing and overhauling Epiroc, Sandvik, Caterpillar, Maclean & Doosan.
• Service, repair or replace hydraulic components
Skills, Experience and Education Required:
• Completion of secondary school or equivalent experience
• 3 years of experience in repair and service of heavy equipment both in the shop and in the field
• Able to read and understand prints, drawings, and technical schematics
• Knowledge of mechanics in electrical and hydraulic systems
• Willing to work flexible shifts to meet the demands of the business
• Adaptable to on-call working schedules and willing to work in all weather conditions including above ground and below ground.
Wage & Hours: $37.00 to $45.00 per hour
Shift premium Summary + $5.00 per hour for surface field work and + $10.00 per hour for underground field work.
• Number of hours per day: 8+
• Number of days per week: 5+
• Number of hours per week: 40
• Overtime starts after how many hours: 8.5 daily or 44 hours per week paid x 1.5 + $7.50 per hour for
surface field work and + $15.00 per hour for underground field work.
• Shift rotation: As needed
☒ Disability Insurance
☒ Dental Insurance
☒ Pension: Matched RRSP after 1 year with the company
☒ Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment)
Type of Vacation:
☒ Days Number: 10 days
☒ % Amount: 4% Remuneration
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.