Employer Name: Raglan Industries
Company description: Raglan Industries is a leading manufacturer of high quality Custom Commercial Trailers. We offer excellent benefits, growth opportunities and competitive wages for the right candidate.
Location of Work: 5151 Simcoe Street North Oshawa ON L1H0S4
Title of Position: Machine Operator (NOC 9416)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
- Operate machines or equipment which weld, solder, bolt, screw or rivet metal parts together
- Operate presses or other forging machines to perform hot or cold forging to shape or form metal
- Operate Plasma and Laser tables
- Place metal pieces in furnace
- Remove metal pieces from furnace when colour or metal indicates proper forging temperature
- Cut, bend, roll, ream, punch, drill, weld or otherwise shape and form metal stock into parts or products
- Build staging or erect scaffolding for heavy metalworking jobs
- Read and interpret specifications or follow verbal instructions
- Select and transport material to work area manually or using crane or hoist
- Troubleshoot, perform corrective action or minor repairs
- Lay out, set up and operate one or more light or heavy metalworking machines
- Check products for correct shapes, dimensions and other specifications
- Clean and lubricate machinery and equipment
- Creative, innovative, and positive approach to working
- Understands the needs of the business and goes beyond the call of duty
- Excellent time management, organization and planning skills
- Thrives in a positive team environment and easily adapts to new things
- Communicates with co-workers in a respectful and supportive manner.
- Confident in problem solving and providing solutions when issues arise.
- Works with high standard of integrity.
- Experience with Aluminum, MIG and TIG welding is a plus.
- CNC Operator, Brake Press, Shear, Saw and Lathe experience would be an asset.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Wage & Hours: $25.00 per hour
- Number of hours per day: 9
- Number of days per week: 5
- Number of hours per week: 45
- Overtime starts after how many hours: 44
☒ Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment)
Type of Vacation:
☒ 2 weeks in August, 2 weeks at Christmas
☒ 4% Amount:
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org