Employer Name: Joe Johnson Equipment
Company description: As a leading distributor of public works equipment, Joe Johnson Equipment provides mobile infrastructure maintenance equipment to municipalities and contractors across Canada and the U.S. Through our branch network, we sell, rent, lease, service and support Vacuum trucks, refuse & recycling collection vehicles, street weepers, snow removal equipment, mowing equipment, sewer cleaners and inspection cameras.
Location of Work: 1002 15th Avenue, Nisku, AB T9E 7S5
Title of Position: Heavy Equipment Technician (NOC 7312)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
• Perform trouble shooting, mechanical repairs and PDIs (pre-delivery inspections) on a variety of heavy equipment represented by JJE
• Preform mechanical repairs, hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting on a variety of equipment.
• Conduct repairs in a timely and effective manner, communicating effectively with the Service Writer and Parts team to ensure optimal efficiency
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required both in shop setting and in the field.
• Conduct regular preventative maintenance tasks and inspections
• Communicate with Lead Hand and/or Service Manager regarding job progress and job status changes
• Maintain organized and safe work area, shop tools and service van
• Proficient with computers
• Experienced with hydraulic and electrical work
• Chassis experience considered an asset
• Exposure to street sweepers, Vacuum trucks or refuse equipment considered an asset.
• Safety conscious
• Team player with positive attitude
• 3 years of experience in repair and service of heavy equipment both in the shop and in the field
• Completion of secondary school or equivalent experience
Wage & Hours: $40.00 per hour
• Number of hours per day: 8 to 10 hrs
• Number of days per week: 4 to 5
• Number of hours per week: 40 hrs
• Overtime starts after how many hours: 40 hrs
• Shift rotation: As needed
• Quarterly Profit Share: Based on performance of individual branch
☒ Disability Insurance
☒ Dental Insurance
☒ Pension Company matching RRSP/DP SP starting at 2%
☒ Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment)
☒ Boot Allowance $180.00 per year
☒ Tool allowance $400.00 per year
Type of Vacation:
☒ Days Number: 10 Days + 3 paid personal days / 4% Remuneration.
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org