Employer Name: lnterfor (Formerly EACOM Timber Corporation)
Company description: lnterfor is one of the world's largest wood products companies with operations across North America and customers around the globe. With an annual lumber capacity of approximately 5 billion board feet from world-class facilities, we strengthen local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and participate in sustainable forest management with sustainable building materials..
Location of Work: 361 Sawmill Road, Ear Falls, Ontario, Canada
Title of Position: Production Technician (NOC 9614)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
- Operate sawmill production equipment, including feeding logs onto conveyor and into hopper of grinding machine and align logs manually, using crowbar, picaroon or other tools and equipment
- Stack and strap lumber bundles for drying outdoors
- Sorting, piling, and transporting lumber during various stages of wood processing, carry out other wood processing activities.
- Ensure smooth flow of process throughout sawmill from debarker entry decks to strapper, assisting other wood processing workers to operate, maintain and repair various machines and equipment and carry out other wood processing activities
- Clean wood processing machines, equipment and work areas using shovels, hoses and other tools during work stoppages or inaccessible places during operations
- Redo and stack bundles of rough and planed wood in the yard.
- Perform clean-ups of the yard and sawmill.
- Perform clean-ups after interior and exterior sawing operations.
- During work downtime, clean areas that are inaccessible during operations.
- Perform additional maintenance and other related duties as necessary
- Be able to work well on a team.
- Be independent and full of initiative.
- Show vigilance and a concern for health and safety.
- Be available to work day and/or night shifts.
- Prior experience at a sawmill is an asset.
- Completion of secondary school
Wage & Hours: $29.17 per hour
- Number of hours per day: 10
- Number of days per week: 4
- Number of hours per week: 40
- Overtime starts after how many hours: 40
- Shift rotation (as applicable): 4 scheduled shift between Monday and Friday, Rotating day off, Nights/Days
☒ Disability Insurance once eligible as per CBA
☒ Dental Insurance once eligible as per CBA
☒ Pension once eligible as per CBA
☒ Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment) once eligible as per CBA
☒ Other (if applicable):
- Manulife Group Benefits for health/medical and dental (no deductions now, but potential will change to flex with flexible deductions and premiums.)
- PPE = provided by the company including hard hats, safety glasses (prescription safety glasses if needed), gloves, high visibility vests, and $200/year boots reimbursement.
Type of Vacation:
- 2 weeks or 4% of gross earning (1-3 years),
- 3 weeks or 6% of gross earnings (3-8 years),
- 4 weeks or 8% of gross earning (8-15 years),
- 5 weeks or 10% of gross earnings (15-24 years),
- 6 weeks or 12% of gross earnings,
- 7 weeks or 14% of gross earnings.
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.