Burrito Jax HRM is looking for a Restaurant Manager to join the team and oversee the daily operations of our two current restaurants and the opening of the third location in the Halifax Regional Municipality.
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for overseeing the work of the Assistant Restaurant Manager at each location. Ultimately, the Restaurant Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of our restaurants, including the selection, development, and performance management of employees. In addition, this position will oversee inventory and ordering of food and supplies, work with the Assistant Manager at each location to optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
The Restaurant Manager reports to the Owner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Visit each location daily and oversee the work of the Assistant Manager who is responsible for the management of all areas of the restaurant and final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
• Adhere to Company standards and service levels to work with Assistant Manager to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
• Review all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties to ensure that these are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Food safety and planning
• Ensure that sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas are enforced. Ensure compliance with operational standards, Company policies, federal/ local laws, and ordinances.
• Ensure that the Assistant Manager is evaluating quality of food preparation and service to meet Company standards.
• Ensure professional restaurant image, restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards of employees is maintained at each location.
• Review the estimations of food needs, timely placement of orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies. Ensure that portion control and quantities of preparation are as per standards to minimize waste.
• Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and Company assets.
• Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
• Ensure that accident reports are completed promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
• Ensure that staff schedules are prepared and the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
• Ensure that complaints concerning food quality and service are investigated and resolved promptly by the Assistant Manager.
• Provide direction to Assistant Manager regarding operational and procedural issues as needed.
• Assist in interviews of prospective employees. Oversee hiring, supervision, performance evaluation, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
• Review orientation and training of new employees with Assistant Manager to ensure Company standards are met.
• Ensure that the Assistant Manager is developing employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and conducting periodic performance reviews.
• College degree is preferred. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
• Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
• Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant management through prior experience or transferable skills: oversee management of food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, Company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
• Prior experience in management of multiple locations.
• Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
• Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
• Ability to motivate Assistant Managers to work as a team with their staff to ensure that food and service meet Company standards.
• Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and develop and implement appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
• Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks at both restaurant locaiton and opening of third location to maintain required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
• Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
• Keep Owner promptly and fully informed of all issues, take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action.
• Complete job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
• Maintain a favorable working relationship with all employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximize employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
• Hours may vary if required to fill in for employees or if emergencies arise (typical work week = 40 hours).
• Ability to perform all functions at the management level
• Position requires prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies.
• Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operate office equipment including phones, computers, copiers, etc.
WAGE: Starting at $16.00/hr
WORK LOCATIONS: Halifax Regional Municipality:
1. 3117 Kempt Rd, Halifax, NS B3K 5N6
2. 720 Sackville Dr., Lower Sackville, NS B4E 1R7
3. New location - Quinpool Rd., Halifax, NS
To apply: Please send coverletter & resume to: email@example.com