Two positions available for Jiu Jitsu Coach
Gracie Barra Vancouver is the premier academy to learn the art of Jiu-Jitsu in Vancouver, BC. Our vision is "Jiu-Jitsu for everyone".
We focus on character growth and the empowerment of our community and families through Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and self-defense. Through the Gracie Barra CompNet Global League, we further the competitive spirit of Gracie Barra team members through professionally organized Jiu-Jitsu tournaments to prepare our athletes for competitive sport events. The Gracie Barra Vancouver classes are aligned with the Gracie Barra Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Program structure developed by Master Carlos Gracie Jr. to meet the specific learning needs of people from different ages, genders, and levels.
As a Jiu-Jitsu Coach at Gracie Barra Vancouver, your main duties and responsibilities are:
- Teach and motivate students.
- Analyze, identify and evaluate strengths and weaknesses of each student and develop their potential skills and abilities.
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions.
- Advise on all matters related to the practice of jiu-jitsu, including its techniques.
- Develop, plan and co-ordinate competitive schedules and programs aligned to the GB System.
- Plan, organize and coordinate competitive events.
- Motivate and prepare students for competitive events or tournaments.
- Effectively participate in all activities (meetings, training, etc.) of the Training Center.
- Provide practical and emotional support to the team during classes and competition events.
- Brown belt or higher in Gracie Barra Brazilian Jiu-jitsu
- IPC 2022 Instructor Training Certificate
- First Aid & CPR/AED level C (OFA 1)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience teaching Brazilian Jiu-jitsu
- Intermediate English
- Experience with kids is an asset
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Read and interpret specifications or follow verbal instructions;
- Participate in coaching clinic instruction;
- Train under the direction of a coach or trainer to qualify for competition;
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
CPR Certificate; Martial arts instructor Certification
5 years or more
Supervise support staff;
Assist with special events;
Private business; Fitness centre
Planning and Management Skills
Plan for social events and guest programs
Security and Safety
Bondable; Criminal record check
- First position Monday to Friday - 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Second position Monday to Friday - 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Overtime and some Saturdays may be required according to business needs and competitive events.
Work Location Information
On-site customer service
Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Interpersonal awareness; Values and ethics; Reliability; Organized
Benefits: 2 weeks of paid vacation
Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?