Hair Replacement Technician in Canada
Find out what work is like for a hair replacement technician in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations (NOC 6562).
Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations
Estheticians, electrologists and workers in related occupations provide facial and body treatments designed to enhance an individual's physical appearance. They are employed in beauty salons, electrolysis studios, scalp treatment and hair replacement clinics and other similar establishments and in cosmetic departments of retail establishments such as pharmacies and department stores, or they may be self-employed.
· This group performs some or all of the following duties:
· Give facial and other body treatments using specialized products and techniques.
· Advise customers on the use of make-up and other beauty products and apply make-up to customers; may specialize in applying make-up to models or other individuals for special occasions.
· Remove unwanted hair permanently from client's face or body using needle only specialized electrical hair removal equipment, laser, or other equipment.
· Scalp treatment specialists
· Apply medicated lotions to treat scalp conditions and hair loss.
· Tattoo artists
· Apply permanent designs to customer's skin, using electric needles and chemical dyes; may also apply temporary designs to customer's skin.
· Hair replacement technicians (non-medical)
· Prepare and apply custom-made hair pieces to customer's scalp, weave customer's hair to hair pieces and provide scalp treatments.
EDUCATION: Secondary (High) School Graduate Certificate
EXPERIENCE: One year or less
Vacancy : One