Urban Oasis Salon is looking for a Hair Stylist.
We are located in downtown Vancouver, 780 Cambie St, Vancouver, BC (work location), and is a 5-Star Vancouver hair and beauty salon with private VIP rooms, outstanding service and experienced team. We are looking for an experienced Hair Stylist to join our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage those meeting the requirements of the position to apply, including individuals falling under youth, indigenous people, newcomers, persons with disabilities underrepresented groups.
What we offer:
- Salary: $18.00/hour
- Full time hours: around 35 hours/week
- This is a permanent role
- Language of work: English
In this role, you will:
- Suggest hair style compatible with client's physical features or determine style from client's instructions and preferences
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Clean and style wigs and hair pieces
- Apply hair extensions
- Shampoo and rinse hair
- Attend to customer enquires and assist with booking requests
- May train or supervise other hairstylists, hairstylist apprentices and helpers.
We are looking for those who:
- Completed secondary school
- Have vocational school certificate in hairstyling and professional work experience of 1+ years, or for candidates with no post-secondary certificate in hairstyling, a professional work experience of at least 3 years is required
- Comfortable to communicate in English (language of work)
- Good time management and organizational skills
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and portfolio to us at email@example.com – please also include the type of your work authorization (i.e. permanent as in Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or temporary as in foreign worker).