KITCHEN LINE COOKS NOC 6322
Cooks prepare and cook a wide variety of foods. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other health care institutions, central food commissaries, educational institutions, and other establishments. They are also employed aboard ships and at construction and logging campsites.
· This group performs some or all the following duties:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- May set up and oversee buffets
- May clean kitchen and work area
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- May hire and train kitchen staff.
- Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
EXPERIENCE: 1 year to less than 2 years
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Secondary (High) school graduation certificate
2562808 Ontario Inc.