Ki Cafe is a Japanese-inspired cafe located beside Royal Oak Skytrain Station in Burnaby. We feature bubble tea, house-baked desserts, freshly made waffles, & home-style meals.
Restaurant location is #105 - 6888 Royal Oak Avenue, Burnaby, BC Canada
***YOU MUST BE PRESENTLY IN CANADA TO BE CONSIDERED About the Role
We are looking for someone to step into a food service supervisor role at our cafe. You’ll be responsible for our team and keeping the store in top condition. You’ll be supervising the day-to-day operations of the store and ensuring that the cafe is operating within the established standards and guidelines.
If you are on a Working Holiday Visa, there must be at least 8 months left on your visa starting from October 2022.
· Self motivated and meticulous. Strong attention to detail.
· Good character, friendly, positive, a can-do attitude
· Clear communication in English
· Able to handle high stress situations.
· Able to navigate through sensitive situations that regularly arise from the workplace and co-workers.
· Strong time management, organization, and problem-solving abilities
· Ability to work in a team and manage a team.
· Willingness to learn and adapt
· Able to follow instructions and independently complete assigned tasks
· Able to converse in Japanese.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Create a positive customer experience by delivering a high level of service while ensuring all staff members engage customers and exceed service expectations.
· Make sure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally leaving the customer with a positive resolution in both face-to-face and online interactions.
· Facilitate and manage effective inventory control, including ordering and merchandise handling.
· Oversee that all merchandise is properly displayed and priced and that all shelves are refilled regularly from backroom stock.
· Conduct daily inventory count and send out purchase orders.
· Constantly develop and create new merchandising displays and promotional activities to keep the store fresh and drive sales.
· Develop and maintain a competent store team through hiring, training, scheduling, performance appraisals, constructive discipline and problem resolution.
· Promote a strong, cohesive team and encourage staff suggestions and ideas.
· Maintain proper staff communications and encourage staff development and understanding of store operations.
· Ensure that all sales and receipts are properly recorded and that a daily deposit is prepared and taken to the bank each business day.
· Maintain all required records and reports as required for accounting, auditing, and management purposes.
· Manage the weekly staffing schedule and take note of staff availability.
· Uphold food safety and quality standards, and all company policies and procedures.
· Proof menus and emails in Japanese, curate a social media calendar and post daily on social media channels.
Wage and Benefits:
· Start from $27.00
· Free and discounted meals
· Training and advancement opportunities
· 8-hour shift
· Day shift
· Night shift
· Are you presently in Canada?
· What type of Canadian work authorization do you have?
· Serve It Right (preferred but not required)
· Food Safe Level 1 (preferred but not required)
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Salary: $27.00-$29.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
· Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
· Burnaby, BC V5J4J2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
· Secondary School (required)
· English (required)
· Japanese (required)