Employer Name: Carriere Industrial Supply Limited
Company description: Carriere Industrial Supply is a global manufacturer of industrial equipment and wears parts that are engineered to outlast and outperform. We deliver innovative solutions, backed by best-in-class equipment management software and service. Meaning timely response to customer requirements, reliability in meeting deadlines, and a value proposition appreciated by our customers.
Location of Work: 190 Magill Street, Lively, ON, P3Y 1K7
Title of Position: Welder-fitter (NOC 7237/72106)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
• Read, understand and execute fabrication instructions as illustrated on work orders, diagrams, drawing and CIS standards. Adheres to CIS preventive maintenance protocol & waste elimination systems.
• Set-up and adjusts welding equipment to produce quality welds.
• Uses mechanized welding equipment whenever possible to save time and improve quality.
• Manually weld maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle to achieve weld profiles in adherence to welding procedure specifications and welding standards.
• Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
• Inspects weld for bead size and profile as per CIS standards.
• Cleans or degreases weld joint or work piece prior to weld.
• Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes following certified welding procedure specifications.
• Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces using air carbon arc or oxy-fuel gouging and grinding.
• Preheats work piece with oxy-fuel torch or propane heaters.
• Positions and clamps work pieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture.
• Tacks weld assemblies together.
• Cleans weld and slag immediately after weld completion as per CIS standards.
• Removes excess weld metal by grinding as per CIS standards
• Cuts and prepares work pieces using oxy-fuel cutting and or grinding.
• Follows the Problem Identification Protocol (PIP) for issues that arise during job progress.
• Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations.
• Team Work - Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction;
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
• Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials properly
• 3-5 years of experience working in a steel fabrication setting
• Secondary school diploma
Wage & Hours: $30.00
• Number of hours per day: 8
• Number of days per week: 5
• Number of hours per week: 40
• Overtime starts after how many hours: 44
• Shift rotation (as applicable): D/S / A/S
☒ Disability Insurance
☒ Dental Insurance
☒ Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment)
☐ Other (if applicable): N/A
Type of Vacation:
☐ Days Number:
☒ % Amount:4%
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply: Email: email@example.com