Wheels On Move Transportation Ltd is dedicated to developing customer, industry-oriented supply chain solution by keeping its road freight movement and contract logistics services empowered, and delivering with the best quality and service. We provide Temperature Controlled Shipments, Full Truck Load, Less Than Truck Load and Dry loads.
Purpose of the Job
Role of a dedicated General Manager – Trucking company will oversee the business expansion by channelizing business operations. On the other hand, will also be responsible to bringing investment to increase the business operations and meet the market demand.
1. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Evaluate the overall business processes; Identify issues in the business processes; provide and implement solutions to overcome any issues.
- Formulate the vision of the business and make operational policies accordingly.
- Identifying the correct market and promote the company’s services; arrange and conduct business meetings with future and prospective clients.
- Responsible for financial management, feasibility analysis and planning for the organization.
- Generate investment for the business as needed to meet the market demand and expansion plans.
- Ensure that the development strategies should be in line with the goals and objectives set for the achievement of organizational sale targets; and develop business direction and strategies for the clientele generation.
- Develop organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the team; ensure that the organization functions are smooth including the human resources, finance, accounting, sale and marketing.
- Make decisions on key investment areas including the recruitment of additional personnel and trucks.
- Responsible for project oversight and delivery; team management and coaching; as well as developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients.
- Oversee the budgeting of the company and ensure that the allocation and use of resources is in line with the agenda and successful operation of the business.
- Increase the efficiency of staff and team members by developing training and mentoring schedules; identify key performance indicators (KPIs) for the performance assessments.
2. Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Bachelors’ degree in business or commerce field
- More than 15 years of experience for managing a business at the senior management level
- Experience in working in logistics and transportation
- Proficient in using MS Office
- Excellent command on English language, reading, writing, and speaking
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to multitask, prioritize, and work within tight deadlines
- Able to build rapport, excellent time and project management skills
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
3. Working Conditions
- The General Manager – Trucking company will be working full time for minimum 37.5 hours a week,
- May be required to work some overtime hours to attend meetings during specific periods as per business needs.
- Will report directly to the Director
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply for the position. Please contact us if you require any accommodation and we will ensure that appropriate arrangements are made to facilitate the process.
4. Position Offers
- Competitive Annual Pay: $ 66 CAD per hour
- Permanent, full-time position
- Work hours 37.5 hours a week
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Work Location: Suit 302, 2233 Argentia Road, Mississauga, ON, L5N 2X7
5. Contact Information:
- Contact Name: Mian Asad Javaid
- Company Name: Wheels on Move Transportation Ltd
- Company Address: Suit 302, 2233 Argentia Road, Mississauga, ON, L5N 2X7
- Workplace Address: Suit 302, 2233 Argentia Road, Mississauga, ON, L5N 2X7
- Tel: +1 (647) 410-6353
- Email: email@example.com
- Date Posted: January 27, 2023