Algo Communication Products Ltd. is an innovative company developing and manufacturing unique products primarily for the business telephone industry. We are looking for a talented, energetic individual with a dedication to quality to join our team in Burnaby, B.C. Reporting to the Operations Manager the individual will be performing all warehouse related tasks.
· Receive material daily and match against a packing slips.
· Conduct quality control on materials using various acceptance criteria to receive or reject materials. Ability to read mechanical engineering drawings.
· Inspect, test, and sample materials or assembled parts or products for defects and deviations from specifications.
· Validate color, type of components, and texture by comparing against sample.
· Construct kits for builds (internal builds and external contractors), identifying and filling shortages continuously.
· Conduct monthly stock rotation counts / part cycle count.
· Warehouse Organization – ownership of working space and warehouse to keep it unobstructed, safe and clean.
· 2-4 years' experience in a similar role.
· Prior experience in an enterprise system ( ERP) with working knowledge.
· Working knowledge in identifying components (Resistors, Caps etc), extreme attention to detail.
· Working knowledge of handling of electronic components ( ESD, packaging requirements etc.)
· Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
· Electric Forklift License and prior experience preferred.
· Forklift operation and maintenance (top up fluids etc).
· Proficient in MS Excel, Outlook and Word as well as acceptable keyboarding skills.
· Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
· Highly organized and ability to multitask in a fast paced warehouse environment.
· Previous experience in general warehouse functions such as: pick, pack, shipping, and receiving, auditing kits is preferred.
· Prior Shipping and Receiving experience would be an asset