Doncor Contracting Ltd.
Doncor Contracting Ltd. has an immediate opening for 2 Carpenter (NOC: 72300) at our location in Cornwall, Ontario.
As a Carpenter, you will perform some or all of the following duties:
- Review and analyze blueprints, drawings, and sketches to understand specifications and determine material requirements.
- Demonstrating skill in the safe operation of shop tools such as a table saw, radial arm saw, power planer, power shaper, router, a wood lathe, airless paint sprayer, large belt sander, band saw, hand saw and an electric drill.
- Create accurate layouts in accordance with building codes, utilizing measuring tools and equipment.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble, and join various materials including wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and others.
- Assembly and installation of wood doors, windows and frames;
- Construct foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring, and erect walls and roof systems.
- Fit and install trim items such as doors, stairs, molding, and hardware to ensure proper functionality.
- Perform maintenance, repairs, and renovations on residential properties, as well as wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants, and other establishments.
- Provide supervision and guidance to apprentices and other construction workers, ensuring adherence to safety protocols and high-quality work.
- Prepare cost estimates for clients to help them understand the potential expenses involved in construction projects.
· Completion of secondary school;
· Experience will be an asset.
· Proven analytical skills with the ability to tackle problems systematically to diagnose issues and produce effective recommendations;
· Multi-tasker, attention to detail, and effective time management.
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time (40 hours/week)
Compensation: CA $ 27.00 /hour
Location: 6840 Gore Road Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
To apply e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org