Company Name: By The Lake Dental (Khamis-Silva Dentistry Professional Corporation)
Business/Employment address: 371 Old Kingston Road, Scarborough ON, M1C 1B7 - Highland Creek Office
Title of the position/NOC: Dental Assistant - TEER 33100
Terms of employment: Full-time (40 hours per week), permanent position
Day, Evening, Morning, Weekend
Starts as soon as possible
Language of work: English
Wage: CAD 23 per hour
Benefits offered: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
Worksite environment: Dental Practice
Since 2010, we have provided excellent dental service based on a triad approach of Culture, Team and Technology. These three areas allow us to fulfill our patient-centric focus.
Our mission is to bring awareness to patients about their oral health by using an educational approach during their routine hygiene and dental visits. When presented with treatment, options will be explained in detail. During treatment, we will continue to clarify and guide them. Following treatment, we will support them with relevant information on how to maintain their oral health. Our educational approach doesn’t stop here. Every interaction, including a visit to our website or social media channels, will support the patient with interesting and insightful content. All of these touchpoints are in place to ensure an efficient and effective dental experience.
By The Lake Dental offers a spa-inspired setting prepared to receive patients of all ages with a kids’ zone, massage chairs, adapted bathrooms and much more. Our dental team’s skills along with ongoing investments in technology, provide more agility, precision and safety, in addition to reducing or eliminating concerns during dental procedures.
Our dental professionals cover a broad range of disciplines, allowing us to offer patients a complete dental solution. By choosing By The Lake Dental, patients and their families will have a modern, efficient and effective dental experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare patients for dental examinations and X-rays
· Order dental and office supplies
· Prepare dental instruments and filling materials
· Maintain and order supplies
· Perform reception and clerical duties
· Sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment
· Schedule and confirm appointments
· Record dental procedures performed on patients
· Invoice patients for dental services
Competencies and Qualifications
· College/CEGEP in dental assistance or equivalent experience
· Work experience: 7 months to less than 1 year
· Knowledge of dental milling machinery, Steri-Tracker software, Smile Cloud software, Autodesk Meshmixer software, Dentrix G7, diagnostic photography procedures, veneer procedures, and fabricating Essix retainers is an asset.
· Professional Working Proficiency in English.
Only apply to this job if:
· You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
· You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. We will not respond to your application.
Please send your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
We celebrate diversity and pride ourselves on being an equal-opportunity employer. We don't discriminate based on indigenous identity, race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. All our listed job requirements are based on bona fide occupational requirements. Furthermore, we encourage applications from underrepresented and visible minority groups, including women, aboriginals, vulnerable youth, persons with disability, and newly landed immigrants.