ABURI Restaurant’s first East Coast location is situated in Toronto’s Harbour Front at Bay and Queen’s Quay. With over 7000 square feet, a raw bar, sushi bar, and large patio, Miku brings contemporary upscale design to the Southern Financial District.
We’re looking for an experienced Front of House Manager to join the Miku Toronto Team!
Start Date: ASAP
Location: 105-10 Bay Street, Toronto, ON M5J 2R8
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
1 year to less than 2 years
· Developing and meeting monthly financial targets
· Hiring and training FOH staff
· Controlling daily schedule based on the projected business
· Coordinating in-store marketing
· Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and food safety
· Demonstrating solid leadership by a "Hands-On" approach
· Thorough understanding of the food and beverage menus
· Build strong relationships with staff, suppliers, concierges, and customers
· Deliver superior service and maintaining high restaurant standards
· Organize shift scheduling and supervise employees
· Be prepared to deal with unforeseen circumstances
· Prepare for weekly manager meeting and discuss topics/solutions for actioning
· Evaluate staff performance and provide feedback
· update POS/Reservation system as needed
· Communicate with BOH and share any feedback
· Perform regular staff reviews and offer consistent feedback
· Work with HR regarding issues with staff (discipline, termination, leave, etc)
· Ensuring compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
· Bring up ideas to help with operation/organization/marketing/numbers
· Maintain a high level of guest dining experience by allowing staff to adhere to all standards
· Keep all par levels of dining room supplies and order when necessary
· Be sensitive to the restaurant atmosphere (lighting, music, cleanliness) and make adjustments as necessary
· Help to maintain budget numbers on a daily basis
· Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
· Managing the business aspects of each store, such as keeping a current business license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
· Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to patrons.
· Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that the store is properly staffed during peak time of operation and slow time of operation.
· Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
· Ensuring licenses are updated and in line with current legislation.
· Working with diverse personalities both on the staff and patrons.
· Planning and taking part in promotional events with a Marketing Department.
· Working closely with HR department, Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
· Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons.
· To ensure the satisfaction of all customers by ensuring that prompt, courteous and efficient service is given by the team at all time at the assigned location(s).
· To ensure that our base of regular customers is recognized and maintained by personal contact and recognition. The team helping to update customer profiles is an important tool in the process.
· To promptly handle customer queries and complaints in a professional manner and to discuss with other members any complaints that have not been satisfactorily resolved in professional manner.
· To ensure that the inventory is constantly updated and maintained, and inventory levels are counted and sent to the respective team in a consistent and timely manner each month (Deadline is by 5th of every month). If you cannot meet the deadline due to any unforeseen events, information must be informed to accounting department immediately. Any discrepancies should be able to be explain in good detail.
· To be able to interpret patterns in business by using financial reports
· To have thorough knowledge of the POS system and to training standard and to ensure that all staff are confident in its use.
· To have a thorough knowledge of menu items and allergy protocol attached with each.
· To ensure the maintenance of the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained throughout the assigned store by implementing correct cleaning systems in accordance with company expectations.
· To ensure that all health and safety issues are managed and recorded correctly in accordance with company expectations.
· To liase and communicate productively with the resected team on a daily basis and also in the organization of any special functions or events as required.
· To maintain correct levels of service tools and to manage and organize any necessary repairs.
ADDMINISTRATIVE WORK ACCOUNTABILITY
· Have a good understanding of budget
· To ensure all office and dining room supplies at the par level.
· Adjust order per level accordingly.
· Have supplier contact list shared with respective members and ensure information is up to date.
· Be on the top of R&M situation and discuss with Regional team for an ideal solution
How to apply
By email: email@example.com
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
· References attesting experience
· Cover letter
· Job reference number