we are looking for an Accounting & Administrative Assistant to join our team.
Reporting to the Intermediate Accountant, the Accounting & Administrative Assistant is responsible for day to day accounting, banking and administrative duties.
- Data entry of accounts payable invoices, accounts receivables and other general journal entries.
- Issue, distribute and mail cheques. These include quick-pay, mid-month and month-end.
- File accounts payable invoices, accounts receivable documents, bank statements, journal entries and loan statements.
- Set up new files when required.
- Deposit, cheque pick up, bill payments daily.
- Reception coverage.
- General office maintenance duties as required.
- Education, Experience, & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Accounting background (degree, diploma or courses) would be considered an asset.
- 1-3 years relevant accounting and/or administrative experience.
- Proficient computer skills mandatory
- Strong keyboard skills.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting.This position works primarily in an office setting during regular business hours, Monday to Friday 8 AM – 4:30 PM.Experience:
- Job Type: Full-time
- Working Conditions:
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)